THANK YOU TO ALL OF OUR PARTICIPANTS, AND FOR THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN ABLE TO CONTRIBUTE. WE TRULY APPRECIATE YOU.
Now, more than ever, the CLLD is relying on voluntary contributions from our participants. These contributions allow us to maintain and bring additional programs to you.
Use the link below to donate via credit card
You may also mail a check: JCC, Attention CLLD, 1466 Manor Road, SI, NY 10314
20 CLASSES PER MONTH: $40 SUGGESTED CONTRIBUTION
15 CLASSES PER MONTH: $30 SUGGESTED CONTRIBUTION
10 CLASSES PER MONTH: $20 SUGGESTED CONTRIBUTION
Congregation Beth Carvel:
Senior Adult Discount on Fully Prepared Meals Delivered to your Door
· Daily options for lunch & dinner
· Order a week at a time
· Delivery all over Staten Island
Call or email for menu: (718) 475-5222 or Ben@sijcc.com
For more info visit our website: www.bnycatering.com
Please submit photos to your CLLD contact person
Art of Documentary:
Let Their Memories Be A Blessing:
For the 60+ Community
Help is just a phone call away. At a time where we’re online more than ever, a little technical support goes a long way. Tech Helpline provides advice over the phone to questions such as:
· How do I get an attachment open?
· What happened to my WIFI?
· How does someone see me on a Zoom call?
· I touched something, and now the screen is blank
TECH HELPLINE IS FREE
Available in English, Russian and Spanish.
Call now for the help you need to feel comfortable and confident online.
Call: (888) 510-6299
Time: 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Days: MONDAY - FRIDAY
CLLD COURSE RESOURCES & VIDEOS PAGE:
Access videos of previously recorded CLLD courses and other related resources. New content is added frequently.
Click Here for our CLLD Videos & Resources page
HOLOCAUST SURVIVOR PROGRAM:
The CLLD program is looking for all Holocaust survivors on Staten Island to join its Café Europa program, which is an ongoing way to empower survivors to socialize, and share their experiences. Please, if you are a first or second generation Holocaust survivor, and are not yet participating in the Café Europa program, contact Sara Cohen (info below).
Contact Person: Sara Cohen
Phone: (718) 475-5242
ATTENTION CLLD PARTICIPANTS
REDS II - Reaching and Engaging Depressed Senior Center Clients
Talk Therapy Research Study here at the Senior Center!
Weill Cornell Medicine is conducting a research study comparing two talk therapies for individuals 55 years and up who are experiencing symptoms of low-mood and sadness.
Participation in the study will be voluntary and will not affect your services at the senior center. A FREE screening will determine if you meet research eligibility criteria.
Eligible participants will receive:
· Nine individual sessions with a licensed clinician at the senior center or virtually (via telephone or internet). These sessions will cover a variety of topics like, engagement in activities, mental wellness, and more! These sessions will be free of charge.
· Four research assessments with a study research assistant at the senior center or virtually (via telephone or internet) over a period of 3 months. You will be compensated for each assessment.
If you are interested in this study, want to learn more, or have any questions please call: Iris Yang at (914) 997-4327 or (844) 999-8746 ext. 709