Department For The Aging (DFTA) has provided us with barcodes to assign to our participants. We have begun distributing these barcodes to you since the week of March 10th. If you have not yet picked up your barcode, please do so at the CLLD Reception Desk. Scanning the barcodes will gradually replace the sign in sheets making the taking of attendance an easier process. We have been scanning at a couple of different events and we plan on expanding the scanning process for all events in the near future. We encourage you to pick up your barcodes as soon as you can.
Dear CLLD Participant:
Thank you for being part of our Center for Life Long Development.
We are excited to announce that we now have over 3,150 participants enrolled in CLLD! We have received great feedback and are eager to share with you that our next session of programs is scheduled to start on April 28, 2014 and end on August 1, 2014. Based on your comments as well as our assessment of the registration process, in agreement with the CLLD Advisory Board, we have decided to only have SELECTIVE REGISTRATION for classes scheduled during this upcoming session.
Please continue to read further for details.
- No registration is required for Sports & Wellness courses: Sports & Wellness courses are on a first-come first serve basis. Space is limited to the number of slots indicated in the program guide.
- As for the rest of the courses, registration will be required only for certain courses which will be highlighted in the Program Guide, where course information will be included. The courses which will not require registration will be available on a first come first serve basis.Due to the nature of some courses, classroom space will be limited regardless of the registration requirements. The number of available slots will be indicated in the Program Guide.
- Registration continues to be necessary for trips. You may only register for four trips on your Trip Registration Form.
- The trip fee must be submitted upon confirmation pickup. No trip registration is complete without payment and no spot will be reserved. There are no refunds.Instead, a letter will be issued to all those who cancel, acknowledging your tax-deductible donation to the CLLD program.
1. Between 9:30 AM and 3:30 PM on Wednesday, April 9th, Thursday, April 10th, and Friday, April 11th, the April - August Program Guide and Registration Form(s) will be available at the Joan & Alan Bernikow JCC (1466 Manor Rd) and the Avis/South Shore JCC (1297 Arthur Kill Rd). If you are unable to pick up the Program Guide during these times, you can have someone else do so on your behalf or you can come at a later date to pick it up at the CLLD Reception Desk at the Joan & Alan Bernikow JCC. However, if you are interested in participating in areas of the program which require registration, please keep in mind that you would still need to complete and submit the registration forms in a timely manner.
2. You may take your materials home to review OR fill them out on the spot. There will be two registration forms:
A) Course Registration Form - Once again, registration will only be required for selected courses as most of our courses will be on a first come first serve basis. Out of the courses that will require registration, you may register for as many as you would like. We will utilize our computerized randomization process for the registered courses as we have done in the past.
- You will no longer need to register for the one time events/lectures. First come first serve policy will be executed for those events as well.
- No registration is required for Thursday night dinners. A $5 fee is required for all Thursday night entertainment, along with a $3 suggested contribution for dinner. Both will be collected at the door to the event.
3. The deadline for returning the Course and/or Trip Registration Form(s) is Thursday, April 17th, 3:00 PM. The form (s) may be returned in person by you, a friend, or family member, to the CLLD volunteer table at the Joan & Alan Bernikow JCC.
- Spouses, partners or significant others should staple forms together. Your name should appear on each page of the form (s).
- There will be a dual randomization process: one for those who submitted the Course Registration Form and another for those who submitted the Trip Registration Form.
- If you need assistance completing your registration form (s), you may contact the CLLD office during regular business hours. Volunteers will also be available on 4/9/14-4/11/14 to answer any questions.
- If you would like to add or drop a course or program, you may complete a Course Add/Drop Form at the CLLD Reception Desk on the first day of the session, Monday, April 28th.
The CLLD Registration Committee