- Please note that the Android smartphone class will be meeting only on Thursday at 4:30 in the Rotunda. There will no longer be Tuesday class.
- Please be advised that taking food out of The Social Hall to be brought to the outdoor pool is PROHIBITED.
- Reminder we have a Lending Library in the Adult Lounge. Please feel free to donate any Recent books that you have finished, also enjoy borrowing books.
- Please remember to PRINT your name CLEARLY when signing all our sign-in sheets, for each class, dinner & lunch.
- Please be advised if a CLLD Participant requires a meal to be brought home please see your case assistant first, and please fill out the proper documents, also must provide a doctor’s note.
- Please be advised that Knitting and Chatting, originally scheduled for Fridays 1:00-2:15pm, has been cancelled for the rest of the semester.
- Please be advised that Financial Lessons and Elder Law every Wednesday 10:30am-12:00pm, has been cancelled for the rest of the remaining semester.
- Please be advised that Listen, Learn and Discuss (Ted Talks) with Howard Kronland in the President’s Room 10:00am-11:00am will be cancelled onTuesday August 16th.
- Please be advised that Maximize use of The Internet with Howard Kronland in the Computer Lab 1:45pm-2:45pm will be cancelled on Wednesday August 17th .
- Please be advised that New York Road Runners will be cancelled for the remaining of the semester.
- Aging Mastery Program will begin August 5th. Participants are still able to register for the next three weeks!
- NYRR Marathon is being held on November 6th. Register now!
- Chair Yoga is Relocated to SOCIAL HALL!!
- - Attention all participants!!!
Please sign up on line at https://mynyrr.nyrr.org/login and use the Staten Island JCC drop down option.
In the near future we will have a representative from the marathon come to the JCC to help us sign up if you have not already.
Looking forward to seeing you all out on the road this November!
- Registration Reminder:
- Please bring your CLLD bracelet and barcode.
- CLLD reception will be closed during registration.
- Meals will be served as usual.
- The new program guide will be available beginning August 22nd.
- August,17 - Wednesday/Trip
The bus is leaving JCC at 9:30am
- August,18 - Thursday Night/Entertainment.
Thursday, August 18, 2016
“THE LIFE OF GRACE KELLY: LEGENDARY ACTRESS AND PRINCESS OF MONACO”
Follow the life of Grace Kelly from her days as a shy, insecure school girl to legendary Hollywood stardom and her final role as the beloved princess of Monaco. More than 30 years after her death, Grace remains the ultimate portrait of a lady. But did her private life belie the public image? Did the fairy tale end "happily ever after?" What are the facts behind her tragic accident? During the course of this lecture/photo presentation, we will examine Grace's contribution to American film culture, learn about Monaco's past and present, as well as her enduring legacy to the principality.SUGGESTED MEAL CONTRIBUTION: $4.00