Your Broadway Song.
Spend the evening ,listening to Broadway Favorites, featuring voices of Renee Steadman, Jannicke Steadman-Charles and Tenna Torres,
Enjoy delicious dessert and refreshments.
Open to everyone!
Enjoy fun filled comedy by Marshall Karp ”Squabbles”.
The bus is leaving HKC at 9;30am.
Please, don’t be late!
We still have some spots for this trip, so please check with CLLD office.
“A Hologram for the King”
Riche and Gerry-2-4 Da Show.
Jukebox Hits and Upbeat Music from 50s-70s and Classic Rock& Roll.
Buy tickets in advance to save the $$!
- Once again, we asking you to share your thoughts with us.
How CLLD changed my life?
People from CLLD who made an impact on me?
What would I change in CLLD programs?
Positive things that’s coming to mind, when you think of CLLD.
(Please, see Bella)
Governor Andrew Cuomo's Citizen Preparedness Corps gives residents the knowledge and tools to prepare for emergencies and disasters, respond accordingly, and recover as quickly as possible to pre-disaster conditions. The program covers a broad range of emergency preparedness topics, like developing a family emergency plan, stocking up on emergency supplies, and registering for NY-Alert, the free statewide emergency alert system. Participants will receive a training certificate and a wallet-sized "Z-Card" with emergency preparedness information.
- If you know anyone who is interested in becoming a CLLD participant, please tell them to call the CLLD receptionist Joann Maldonado 718-517-7445, Also please be advised that there will be a wait 2-3 months , they need to make an appointment before they fill out an application, they bring the application on the same day of their intake.
- Please be advised that taking food out of The Social Hall to be brought to the outdoor pool is PROHIBITED.
- Reminder we have a Lending Library in the Adult Lounge. Please feel free to donate any Recent books that you have finished, also enjoy borrowing books.
- Remember to PRINT your name CLEARLY when signing all our sign-in sheets, for each class, dinner & lunch.
- If a CLLD Participant requires a meal to be brought home please see your case assistant first, and please fill out the proper documents, also must provide a doctor’s note.
- NYRR Marathon is being held onNovember 6th. Register now
- Financial Lessons and Elder Law with Janet Doherty will be meeting in the Adult Lounge Wednesday, 9/14.
- Current Events will be meeting in the Adult Lounge Wednesday, 9/14.
- For all Education Classes The following information for the classes below. Please disregard the information in the Program Guide
- DRIVER SAFETY COURSE
Art & Crafts Room
Tuesday, September 27th 9:00am-3:30pm
Tuesday, November 15th 9:00am -3:30pm
Instructor: Bruce Lieberman, AARP
After course completion you will receive a 10% reduction for three years from your base insurance rate of current liability, no-fault and collision premiums. Topics include our bodies change, driving strategies to meet those changes, and determining the best time to use alternate means of transportation
Fee: $20.00 for AARP Members, $25.00 for non-AARP members ( Check only: only accepted at the day of the course)
Please contact Joann Maldonado 718-517-7445 or Amelia Winter 718-475-5238
- Personal Finance: A guide to investments, Taxes, Financial, Estate, and Retirement Planning
September: 6, (Class is cancelled on 9/13), 20, 27
- Conversational Modern Greek
Instructor: Homer Vandoros
There are 45,729 Greek words in the English dictionary, come and learn the standard spoken language used in the modern day Greece. Through conversation and dialogue, you will achieve a level of understanding, speaking and writing. During every lesson, participants will use audio CD’s to brush up on pronunciations. The class will practice essential expressions, vocabulary and conversations.
Recommended Contribution: $3.00 per class
- Gutsy Gals, Scandalous women, and how they changed the world
- Mah Jong Instructions
Guide says 40 slots, we only have 16 slots, first come first serve
- Canasta Instructions
- Discover your Apple Ipad
Ensemble Room # 1
Guide says class will begin on 8/29, please disregard that class will start Monday 9/12
- Financial Lessons and Elder Law for Wednesday on 9/28
- Computing Classes (both beginner/intermediate
WE DO NOT REQUIRE REGISTRATION
- For all Art Classes The following time slots have change for the classes below. Please disregard the information in the Program Guide
- ART OF BROADWAY
September: 2, 9, 16, 23, 30
October: 7, 14, 21, 28
November: 4, 11, 18
December: 2, 9, 16
- ART OF EVALUATION OF FINE OBJECTS
Every Friday in the Rotunda
September 2nd - December 30th
Instructor: Louis Fraser
Collector/dealer will lead a discussion of the cost, price, value and evaluation of art. No videos or computers, but real art will be examined and discussed and there will be differing opinions. Students may bring in art to be evaluated. Suggested contribution: $2.00
- Art of Sounds of Music/Sight Singing Class
Music Room #1
9/19, 9/26, 10/10, 10/31, 11/7, 11/14, 11/21, 11/28, 12/5, 12/12, 12/19, 12/26
- TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 13, 2016
Standards & Showstoppers
An evening of beloved songs and Broadway favorites featuring the voices of Renee Steadman, Jannicke
Steadman-Charles, and Tenna Torres.
- For all Fitness Classes The following time slots have change for the classes below. Please disregard the information in the Program Guide
- All SWIM CLASSES HAVE BECOME OPEN SWIM
- Beginner Pilates
Will be changed to Core Yoga with Carolyn
- Chair Yoga
The Instructor will be Carolyn not Lisa
- New York Road Runners
- Mah Jong Tournament
- PLEASE REVIEW OTHER SPECIAL EVENTS :
SOCIAL HALL LUNCH/LECTURE
C.A.S.C (COMMUNITY AGENCY FOR SENIOR CITIZENS)
- On Friday September 30th we will be serving lunch 12:00pm-2:00pm instead of brunch 11:00am-1:00pm.
- On Tuesday August 30th, Jeanine Materna, candidate for New York State Assembly, will come and speak to our participants.
- PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT THE POOL WILL BE CLOSING FOR MAINTENANCE STARTING SUNDAY OCTOBER 9TH AND WILL REOPEN ON SUNDAY OCTOBER 30TH .